Cooking Together: Help Your Little Chef Make This English Muffin Bruschetta
Cooking with your child can be an enjoyable way to introduce new foods and spend quality time together, but kid-friendly recipes are sometimes hard to find.
This English muffin bruschetta is delicious, healthy, and almost completely kid made! It's sure to be a hit with grown-ups and little ones alike.
2 English muffin bruschettas
1 English muffin
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2-3 fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper
1. Dice your tomato. (This is really the only part of the recipe your child may not be able to do themselves!)
2. Toss the diced tomato in olive oil and minced garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Spread tomato mixture on the English muffin halves.
4. Tear the basil leaves and sprinkle on top.
5. Turn on the broiler in your oven. It will take about five minutes to pre-heat.
6. Sprinkle the mozzarella on both halves of the English muffin.
7. Place both halves on a non-stick, ungreased baking sheet.
8. Cook the bruschetta under your broiler until the cheese is melted and slightly browned around the edges (7-10 minutes).
I would love to hear about your experience with this recipe! Please leave me a comment.