Blog Idol: Father’s Day Edition. Best Blogs by Dads
Dad's day is right around the corner.
Literally. It's Sunday. You should be prepared already. Or a member of Amazon Prime so you can take advantage of their two-day shipping like me. Yes!
Since you have your gift all in your shopping cart waiting for your paycheck to hit the bank Wednesday wrapped and ready to roll, you have plenty of time to acquaint yourself with our favorite blog owning dads.
We've featured them before, but seriously, they put a spin on dad blogging that you just can't NOT mention in a dad blog round up.
2 Things to Know About How to Be a Dad
1. They don't ever actually tell you how to be a dad. Because daddy-ing is sorta like mommy-ing, no one eve knows how to really do it. We're all just guessing. Sure, some of us are really spectacular at guessing, but still, it's not like there is a handbook. Fortunately, they do make some really cool instructional diagrams on the subject.
2. It's written by two dads. Andy and Charlie. Andy is the one with the beard.
I've been his online stalker a dedicated reader since like 2009, when I had one of my first blogging related epiphanies, WHAT?! DADS BLOG TOO? GET OUTTA HERE!
We met once at a conference. He's real.
2 Things to Know About The Busy Dad Blog
1. Jim, the real dude behind the busy, is currently the father figure to five kids. Two from his loins, three from his “best friend in the world” fellow blog God, Mr. Lady. He talks about fatherhood and life as a blended family from time to time.
2. He can draw awesome stuff and his tech product reviews are interesting and informative.
One of the most fun dads in blogging! And, I'm not saying that because I hung out with him at a party in NYC once. Whatever, I am.
2 Things to Know About Gay NYC Dad
1. I feel like if there were a world record for most pics taken with a celebrity he'd have a good chance at winning. He's met everyone. EVERY. ONE.
2. He hosts tons of giveaways so if you're into that, click over, and enter a few.
I can't say that I've met or stalked this one, but I can say I've recently discovered him and enjoy reading. I like that he uses pics a lot. I'm a sucker for a cute picture
2 Things to Know About Ask Your Dad
1. He has a gift guide for Father's Day that you might actually be able to use. Although, if your spouse wants a Wookie hoodie I urge you to not buy it unless you plan to only allow him to wear it when you go to your mother's for two weeks in the summer. I don't care if it's too hot for hoodies in the summer.
2. The post he wrote about post-kid sex is awesome.
First, best blog name ever, right? Dad of three, really awesome writer, with a ton of life experiences that have made him perfect for SAHD life among other things.
2 Things to Know About Dad or Alive
1. He has one daughter and two sons. I enjoy the series he calls Ava Full of Grace, they're stories he writes about life with his girl kid the most. Something about dads and daughters I guess.
2. He is a published writer. Of a book! Like you can get it on Amazon and junk. That's hot. Check it out here: Dad or Alive.
What are 2 things we should know about your favorite dad bloggers?Read More