Baby’s Summertime Bucket List
I can not believe how quickly the summer season arrived. I am pretty sure where I live we just skipped spring altogether and jumped right into the bright sun and long days. I'm not really complaining, it's awesome for the kids to be able to get outside and play, and this summer will be Silver's first one.
All he knows is the limited time he's been outside, which has been very limited. We've had one of the coldest winters, and since he was so little, we had to keep him inside, bundled up and warm. There's no denying summer is here though and with that, he is going to experience a lot this summer that I am very much looking forward to seeing.
If your baby is going to be experiencing his first summer too, there's probably a lot you're excited to see them experience. I have a bucket list of the “firsts” I want to see with Silver and hopefully we will get to mark all 10 items off his summertime bucket list.
1. Touching grass with his bare toes: The tickly feeling he'll have will be fun to see if he likes it or hates it.
2. Eating something that's been barbecued: He is almost at the stage where he's ready to try people food; the first BBQ he eats will be awesome.
3. Going to the water splash pad: He's always been a water baby and I have a feeling he's going to love the sprinklers.
4. Sunscreen for the first time: He's too young for sunscreen now, but holding a baby with that summertime coconut smell of sunscreen is going to be memorable.
5. Going swimming: He loves baths so much I know he's going to be a fan. Oh, and babies in life jackets are just so cute.
6. Campfire: We don't really do a lot of campfires, and he's clearly too young to experience a s'more, but I am looking forward to sharing this one as a family.
7. Going to the zoo: There is always something about that first family zoo trip of the summer that just makes it so awesome. Silver will still be too little to see his animal favorites come to life, but the experience is always fun.
8. Going on a swing: Spring came and went so quickly that he didn't get to sit in a park swing, and he was really too young. Now that he's at the age where he can nearly handle the swing, I am sure we will get to cross that off this season.
9. Getting really dirty: Silver has never been really dirty and in the summertime, there's plenty of grass, dirt, and sand to play in. I am looking forward to his filthy hands and fun times getting there.
10. Staying up outside way past bedtime: There is something about the summer that means relaxed bedtimes. Maybe it's the warmer weather and longer days, or all the sun rays making everyone happier. I am looking forward to a later bedtime, only because there will be more giggles and less crying.
What is on you family's summertime bucket list?Read More