25 Summer Activities For Toddlers
Now that summer is finally here it's time to get those little ones out and about. If you let summer just happen with toddlers, you will find yourself wondering where all the sunshine and warm weather went when you are wrangling your little one into his or her Halloween costume. Here are some amazing summer activities to keep your active toddler busy this summer.
- Create your own sprinkler by drilling holes into a 2-liter soda bottle. Use tape to attach a garden hose to the bottle.
- Visit a local spray park.
- Set up a small kiddie pool and fill it with bath bubbles. There is nothing like an outdoor bubble bath!
- Attach water balloons to a broom handle and watch your little one's reaction when they pop open.
- Make colored ice cubes using food coloring and small silicone molds. Place the molds in a large plastic storage bin and watch your toddler play with the ice on a hot summer day.
- Paint inside with chalk and water mixed together. This looks like so much fun that I want to try it without my kids.
- Mix condensed milk with food coloring in small dixie cups and help your toddler fingerpaint.
- Make adorable footprint flip flops.
- After a day visit to your local zoo, create animal zoo hand and footprints.
- Break down large cardboard boxes and spread them out on the grass outdoors. Put a few different colors of finger paint on paper plates and let your toddler have a blast painting.
There are so many wonderful early childhood books focused on a summer theme. Here are five of my favorites:
1. Wave by Suzy Lee
2. I Spy Under the Sea by Edward Gibbs
3. Baby Loves Summer by Karen Katz
4. Harry by the Sea by Gene Zion
5. Let's Count Summer by Alina Niemi
5 Places to Visit
- Local library for story time or craft
- Farmers market to explore the local fruits, veggies, baked goods, and people
- Open gym at a local gymnastics school
- A dollar movie theater
- A local fire station for a tour
- Fill up a toddler swimming pool with a play tea party set and have a water tea party with your little one.
- Fill up a toddler swimming pool with soapy water and put in large toy cars, scrub brushes, and sponges to create a car wash.
- Build an outside or inside blanket tent fort and have a play sleepover with stuffed animals.
- Fill up a toddler swimming pool with sand and rotate the toys throughout the summer. One week you could have a garden theme and the next week farm animals.
- Fill a baby pool with water and ball pit balls.
What are your favorite toddler summer activities?Read More