20 Quick Ways to Entertain Your Toddler
Whether you're a stay-at-home mom, a work-at-home mom, or a work-out-of-the-house mom, there are times when you need just 5 or even 10 minutes of time down time throughout the day to recharge. These short-lived moments are your sanity savers. On hard days when your kids have been fighting all day and the baby just wants to be held, these moments can push you through the neverending day. If you have a toddler running around your feet, quiet time is hard to come by. Here are some easy ways to entertain your toddler in exchange for a few minutes of mommy time.
Keep your toddler entertained with these:
3. Crayons and a coloring book
4. Dedicate a bottom drawer in the kitchen to plastic dishes that your toddler can pull out and play with
5. Feed the dog/cat treats
6. See who can clean up their toys the fastest
7. String large beads onto shoelaces.
8. Lego Duplos
9. Wooden trains and tracks
10. Play kitchen food and dishes
Let your toddler get messy with these:
11. Play with water in the sink
12. Spray or dollop whipped cream on a high-chair tray
13. Glue dry noodles onto construction paper
14. Squirt a few colors of paint in a ziplock bag, tape it to a window, and let your child go to town squishing the bag
15. Draw shapes and letters on a dry-erase board
16. Play dough at the table
17. Watercolors and a brown paper grocery bag
18. Drive toy cars through shaving cream
19. Finger paint with yogurt
20. Rip magazines
Of course, always supervise your toddler, especially during water play and with pets.
What activities do you pull out when you just need a few minutes of down time?Read More