Romantic Getaways for Parents
No matter how many kids you have, or how young they are, it is vitally important that you and your partner get some regular alone time together. While many will settle for a few hours at dinner and a movie twice a year, this is not enough. You need to commit to connecting with your partner away from the distractions of home, work, and family. This is why every couple should plan a romantic getaway.
But where do you go? That depends on your comfort level, how far away you can comfortably go from your children, and how long you want to go for. While Paris for the weekend may sound incredibly romantic, it likely involves a lot of jet lag and not much of a weekend.
Just because the location isn't romantic doesn't mean that it can't be a romantic getaway. It all hinges on how you approach it. Here are some ideas for those who wish to stay close to home:
- Camping – doesn't sound romantic? Well, you have it all wrong – enjoying a steaming cup of coffee while watching the sun rise, going for a leisurely hike, picnics, and snuggling down in your shared sleeping bag at night – lovely.
- B&B – explore the shops of the local town you are in, or emphasize the ‘bed' portion of your stay!
- Cottage – connect with each other while getting back to nature.
- City – get a nice hotel room, take in some shows, and go for some excellent meals. Spoil yourselves rotten!
Now, if you are willing to get away from it all for a little while you can consider these options:
- Skiing – have fun swooping down a snowy hill, then cuddle up for a hot chocolate to get warm.
- Sand & Sun – head to a fun resort, or find a secluded piece of paradise for your very own.
- Adventure – climb a mountain, go white water rafting, or swim with the dolphins. It's up to you and it will be an experience you will never forget.
- Relax – sign up for a week of spa treatments at a luxury hotel or resort and connect with each other while being pampered.
There are endless places to discover with your partner, so find something that works for the both of you and get going! You're not getting any younger, and your kids will be right where you left them!