Exercise During Pregnancy
The benefits of exercise during pregnancy are numerous! Not only will it help you maintain a healthy weight throughout pregnancy, but it will also help you bounce back to your pre-pregnancy weight. It helps to minimize stretch marks, too.
Being as healthy as possible throughout your pregnancy will lower your chances of having a difficult pregnancy.
But, more importantly, exercise during pregnancy will help to ensure that you and your baby are healthy.
Benefits of exercise during pregnancy
- Maintain a steady and healthy weight gain.
- Lowered chance of needing a cesarean
- Improved sleep quality
- Accelerated postpartum weight loss
- Increased energy levels
- Increased self-esteem, lowering depression and anxiety
- Reduced pregnancy discomforts
- Shortened recovery time after birth
If you were exercising regularly before your pregnancy, you may only need to adjust your exercise schedule slightly. If you have not been exercising, it is important to begin any exercise routine very slowly, easing yourself into it. It is recommended that you consult your doctor before beginning an exercise plan.