Maternity Fashion: The Edgy Glamour Girl
Edgy Glamour Girl
You are a girly-girl who likes make up and dresses, but also likes to mix it up and take fashion risks. Your closet is diverse, and you often dress to suit your moods. You find style inspiration in many places – different countries, music, and even the history books. Pregnancy is just one more opportunity to experiment and expand your wardrobe.
Gwen Stefani. Her trademark red lipstick and platinum hair are the hallmark of Hollywood glam, but she can rock sneakers and animal print with the best of them. Known for taking chances, she stuck to her signature style throughout her pregnancies. Focusing on fitted dresses, bold prints, and big glasses, Gwen continued her reign as a fashion icon throughout both of her pregnancies.
- Keep up with your make up routine, and enjoy the extra fullness and body in your hair courtesy of those pregnancy hormones.
- Find ways to use what you have, pairing maternity basics with your current wardrobe used in new ways. Leave a shirt unbuttoned, slip a short dress over maternity jeans, or add a stylish bag to give your outfit extra interest.
- Accentuate your belly. Wear belted or gathered tops and dresses that have an empire waist.
- Go bold. Graphic patterns, strong colors, and animal prints keep things fun and sexy.
- Go retro. Vintage looks can take on a modern feel. Gorgeously styled hair, a fitted dress, and ballet flats are always in style.