EverydayFamily CARES

EverydayFamily was created to provide resources, support, and guidance in an online community that can bring diverse families together to share and to learn. One of the many things we hope to encourage in our community is a spirit of community service. Since example is the best teacher, EverydayFamily makes every effort to support charitable organizations, not only through monetary donations, but also through volunteer hours worked and awareness raised. We hope that our members will get to know some of these organizations and find a cause that moves them to action. Growing families have much to gain from growing good in their community.

Below we have featured some of our employees' favorite charities. Their personal stories of growth and connections are just a small part of the good works being done. EverydayFamily recognizes their dedication to these causes by contributing company funds to support these worthy organizations.

Our team members' favorite charities

$18,100 Donated

I feel honored to work for a company that recognizes the value of supporting many great charitable organizations that better the lives of countless families. Of the many, Shriners Hospitals for Children hold a special place in my heart, not only for their good works, but for the connection I feel to them because of my brother, James. He was a big kid at heart, who unfortunately knew the pain of multiple hospitalizations and orthopedic surgeries due to a leg injury. I lost a best friend, whose sense of humor and boundless love I treasure, when James died in a car accident in 2009 at the age of 29. In his memory, my family is happy to support the life-changing efforts of Shriners Hospitals.

$88,450 Donated

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is an extremely important cause to me. As a child I saw the heartbreaking stories of young children 2, 3, 4 years old battling blood cancers like Leukemia and Lymphoma and was inspired by their strength. To see the positive attitude that some of these children have in the face of what can be a terminal illness is nothing short of amazing. Ever since that day as a child I have donated my time, yard work money, paycheck, etc. to help fund life saving research and patient services at LLS. I recently joined the board of trustees for the Orange County / Inland Empire, CA chapter of LLS and have since been exposed to many more stories of strength. My involvement has led to personal relationships with those affected by these terrible diseases and I have gained a greater perspective on life and an even greater devotion to finding a cure.

$2,495 Donated

The Make-A-Wish Foundation enables children with life-threatening medical conditions a dream come true. I can't imagine anything better as a child than to have my dearest wish come true, and these children need that. By supporting this amazing charity, I hope to help children facing such underserved circumstances fulfill their dreams.

$17,000 Donated

Everyone struggles, and this amazing organization helps families get back on their feet and maintain self-sufficiency so hopefully their hard times can be put behind them. This charity states that it's biggest concern is to protect the children. This really strikes a cord for me, as children are our future! They do not have control over the choices their parents make, or the circumstances that may affect them, but are affected by those things nonetheless. I'm proud to be able to say that the company I work for supports a group like this!

$3,500 Donated

My beautiful grandmother was affected by Alzheimers. It's hard to see someone you love lose memories of the wonderful life they led. Alzheimers is a terrible disease and the Fisher Center for Alzheimer's Research Foundation is doing inspired work to eradicate it. They are leading the world in the research to understand the cause, the cure, and educating people to provide a better quality of life for those who are afflicted.

$6,000 Donated

Christmas time has always been my favorite time of year. Ever since I can remember, my parents made a very big deal over the holidays. Even though we did not have much, they always found a way to get my sister and I something for Christmas and made it very special. Unfortunately some children do not get anything at all for Christmas because their families simply cannot afford anything. The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation collects new toys and distributes them as Christmas gifts to needy children, working locally with people to help others in the same community. The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.

$3,500 Donated

This charity is near and dear to my heart because my grandfather is afflicted with Parkinson's Disease. I have witnessed the drastic effects this unfortunate disease has caused, and I fully support the Michael J. Fox Foundation's continued effort to discover a cure.

$10,000 Donated

Having lost both of our grandparents last year, our family has seen firsthand how LifePath Hospice can help to comfort individuals with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones. This non-profit organization was instrumental in allowing my grandparents to leave this world in the manner of their choosing, in comfort at home, surrounded by family. I am proud to support this organization and to know that other families will receive the same care that we were so grateful to receive during those difficult times.

$11,350 Donated

At Home for our Troops, they are strongly committed to helping those who have selflessly given to our country and have returned home with serious disabilities and injuries since September 11, 2001. They assist severely injured Servicemen and Servicewomen and their immediate families by raising donations of money, building materials, and professional labor and to coordinate the process of building a home that provides maximum freedom of movement and the ability to live more independently. Having 3 brother-in-laws and a nephew who served in the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, I am proud to work for a company who helps support such an organization.

$4,495 Donated

No child should go hungry... In the United States, more than one out of six children lives in a household with food insecurity, which means they do not always know where they will get their next meal from, that just shouldn't be a concern in America. Children shouldn't have to worry about going to school hungry, or being exposed to poor health and stunted growth because they don't have consistent access to proper nutrition. We at EverydayFamily are happy to be part of the solution.

$1,000 Donated

Because of the support they provide for struggling, single moms. Their mission is to present Single Moms with opportunities to maximize success and reduce the stress of raising a family alone, with the intention of opening a world of promise to women and children who have buried hopes and dreams in sacrifice of merely surviving.

1. Profile photo of Kelly Kelly says:

It is truly wonderful to see so many giving hearts!! I know for me there are a few charities listed here that are near and dear to my heart too. I have donated to a few charities also, but never on a scale like that!! These people are amazing and true inspirations. For all of you that have contributed your time, monies and efforts……God bless you and thank you!! Your help is greatly needed and so appreciated <3

2. Profile photo of Lala Lala says:

Those donators will b blessed in near n dear to my heart for helping those in need. Yall are in my prayers for blessings because u blessed so many

3. Profile photo of Miranda Miranda says:

This is amazing and inspirational. I hope that those who donate know how much their help is appreciated. I personally have not needed services for my children like the ones listed above but I can only imagine how difficult it is and I had a dear friend who’s son received help and after a 6 yr battle passed this last yr. So I have seen what these hospitals and organizations do for families and it is truly a blessing. I donate when I can as often as I can.

4. Profile photo of christie christie says:

i cant believe the hearts of some people… im so happy that there are good people out there and if i had the money i would deffinetly be donating alot of money too. 🙂 lol

5. Profile photo of Mariah Mariah says:

Wow, these people are amazing.

6. Profile photo of Lynna Lynna says:

This is such a blessing that people can give with their hearts

7. Profile photo of Krystal Krystal says:

This website is stock full of very useful information! So far much of it is common information that is taught in the average reproductive section course of a typical anatomy and biology high school class or easy givens on parenting and baby safety, but in many areas it goes a bit deeper on the information and is really handy as a refresher for those past classes. Plus, the points system gives it a little self-competitive edge that keeps you going at it. I’m completely addicted!

8. Profile photo of DESIREE DESIREE says:

This is amazing and great.

9. Profile photo of Tiffany Tiffany says:

Wow, this is amazing!

10. Profile photo of michelle michelle says:

I am 44 and expecting in January. Yep he was a surprise 🙂 I am a single mom of 4 kids with 2 teenage boys left at home. So I have NO baby supplies left as I thought I was done with this portion of my life.. I am a high risk pregnancy due to age & a prior blood clot that I had in my head in 2009. So I have to take blood thinner shots twice a day for up to 6 weeks after he is here. I was laid off of my job of 9 years in May, so all we have is unemployment and that may be ending soon as well, no promises on that. I am trying to further my education by returning to online classes, in hopes that when this is all completed to make a better life for my family and I.
    I could certainly use the extra help and would be most appreciative, as I have no supplies and limited income

11. Profile photo of zues_tigger zues_tigger says:

Ever since my husband was injured while on duty, he spent 6 weeks off work with no pay and we are now trying to balance what little money we do have to keep our rent paid, electricity on, and good on the table. We have a 21 month old and another on the way, we also have my two step children. We are the type of people who are the hard working type and try to never ask for help but something has got to give somewhere.

12. Profile photo of sky sky says:

I’m in pain daily from fibromyalgia. I try to go to work as much as I can but I need help to be the mom I could be. I can’t provide the extras m my baby deserves… My other two kids had a healthy mom I wish I could be for this one

13. Profile photo of Theresa Theresa says:

I am a mother of 4 great children and grandmother to 5 great girls. My oldest daughter is due in January and will be adding another terrific girl to our family. We are struggling financially ever since my husband got hurt on the job as a truckdriver. We are in debt and sinking fast! I have finally found a temp job that starts in December but have no good clothes to wear and worried about gas to go to work everyday! I am like a single parent with my husband gone for 3 weeks at a time and no family close to help out. WE won’ t be able to have Thanksgiving this year and I am afraid Christmas is not going to be much better! I am reaching out to anyone who can help, I want to be able to help my oldest daughter when her baby is born in January, but how can I help her when we can’t help ourselves!

• Profile photo of uyanga uyanga says:

i hope u will be ok

• Profile photo of Rebecca Rebecca says:

My prayers go out to you and yours. I know what it’s like to have no money, my family is in the same situation, however each time I am able to give a little even if its just coins to a good cause, I do and somehow God gives that back and then some. My children are looking forward to no presents under the tree this year. It’s heart breaking, I know. Our time will come. Just keep on keeping on and keep your chin up, something will give.

14. Profile photo of thaby thaby says:

hi, im looking fo help.
    im pregnant, now with 40 weeks (almost there…)
    im at miami since august 25, this supossed that gonna be my last vacations and a trip fo uy things for my baby girl, but my bank cancel my credit card, without no explanation or valid reason.
    i couldnt take back my flight fo come back home, cuz i dont have money enough for pay the taxes, i have to sleep on the street, untill ill found a place to stay for free. nobody wants to give me a job cuz im ilegal here (im a turist). i have to aply to the 45 days medicaid for check my baby and may be ill be in labor next week.
    ill least i have a roof and food, but no diapers, no money, no job, no nothing; and im despeate for come back home my country doesnt have an embassy at miami
    im just looking for help, i really want to came back home and foget this nightmare

15. Profile photo of Kristin Kristin says:

Wow this is a great thing!!

16. Profile photo of Kristin Kristin says:

This is a great thing!!!