Tuesdays Top 10 – 10 Things I LOVE About Summer
I love summer. And spring. And fall. Actually, I love all of the seasons with the exception of winter. Winter is cold, and because the heat in my home is generated by propane, I am constantly filled with propane anxiety. (Propane is expensive to say the least.)
But more important than the price of winter propane are some of the things that I choose to be happy about during the sweet summertime. Oprah has her favorite things. Momspirational has Tuesday’s Top 10.
This Tuesday, I share with you my 10 favorite things about summertime. I love these things so much; it’s sort of crazy that I haven’t chosen to move to Florida or the Bahamas, or Hawaii, where summer is always in season!
Please don’t be shy, and tell us why you just cannot get enough of summer!
1. The clothes. Flip-flops, comfortable shorts, and t-shirts are always in style in the summer. I especially love the fact that I can go barefoot as much as I want. Summer fashion and freedom suits me best!
2. Drying laundry outside! I love washing sheets in the summer because they can sun bake on the line outside. And the smell of sun-dried laundry is truly one of the most comfortable smells on earth. It’s like being wrapped in your baby’s amazingly soft, fat cheeks all night long.
3. The grill!!!! My kitchen stays much cleaner because we grill out A LOT. Hot dogs, burgers, ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, vegetables: there aren’t many food items that don’t taste better on the grill….
4. Swimming. I know one of my last posts joked about how much work it is to take kids swimming. Even so, we swim nearly every day and I love to swim!!! I truly believe that I was a mermaid in a previous life.
5. The beach. One day, when all my kids are grown I will live beachfront on some island in a place with year round summer time. The beach is truly, for me, one of the most amazingly breathtaking and beautiful places on earth. It is where I feel the most at home, the most relaxed, and the happiest.
6. More daylight. I love that my kids are outside frolicking around at 9pm, catching fireflies under the cover of impending darkness. I love that the sun comes up at 6:15. It seems so much easier to get things done, to spend time together – when darkness isn’t hurrying my family and me indoors or rushing us to bed.
7. The mornings! Summer is the only time that my mornings are quiet. I have no inkling for sleeping in, but my kids do. This means that I can get up at sunrise and have several hours to myself. During the rest of the year, mornings are little more than organized chaos.
8. The sun. Yes, I know it’s not fashionable to spend hours baking in the sun. We wear sunblock, but I still have to admit that I love the healthy glow of being kissed by the sun.
9. Storms. Summer storms are majestic, short, and beautiful. The afternoon thunderstorm is a small reminder from Mother Nature to go inside, take a break, and spend time snuggling with the kiddos on the couch. And, I love rainbows, which are always more abundant during Georgia summers than any other time of the year.
10. Not having a schedule. Letting loose, flying by the seat of our pants, eating dinner when we are hungry, staying up late, sleeping in, going to the store in the evening. Summer means freedom.
What do you LOVE about summer!?