Transition Tops: Maternity to Post-Pregnancy
We all have this idea that maybe, just maybe, we'll fit into our pre-pregnancy clothes right after the arrival of our precious little bundle of joy. Unfortunately, for the vast majority of women it's not a reality.
As a new mom it's so important to dress comfortably those first few months after your pregnancy. Purchase a pair of jeans that have a little stretch and don't feel bad for carrying some of those maternity wardrobe pieces to your postpartum wardrobe – you are certainly not alone. Today I've selected a few maternity and nursing tops that can easily carry you through that transition period to those first few postpartum months while keeping you looking casually put together and, most importantly, comfortable.
- This casual, yet stylish and versatile top is a great fit for a postpartum body. Add a pair of black pants to this look for a chic and polished ensemble.
- Another versatile top is this burnout maternity t-shirt. It's a great wardrobe staple to easily take you from maternity to postpartum. It can be worn for exercise by throwing on a pair of leggings or workout shorts or with a pair of jeans for your everyday look.
- This top can be worn with a pair of comfortable leggings since the top will become a little longer after baby arrives. Glam it up with a nice long gold necklace and a pair of heels.
- Remember that white t-shirt? It's probably gotten a workout during those pregnant months but don't be afraid to keep on wearing it post-pregnancy as well. It's one of those wardrobe staples that can be worn for workouts, casual days, or dressed up. Put a great pair of jeans and heels on with a few accessories and you're ready to go.
- There are also tons of fantastic nursing tops perfect for postpartum. The convenience factor for nursing (if you plan to do so) alone is worth the purchase. This H&M knit top is fashionable and flattering with its pleated neckline and wrap around double front for nursing.
- If you are going back to work after maternity leave and still plan to nurse it's smart to have a top like this so that you can make the process as easy as possible. It'll make nursing or pumping a simple process while still looking polished. It's perfect for the office, worn with either a pencil skirt or a pair of straight leg pants. Well worth the investment!
- Another wrap around H&M nursing top that will look great at the office or worn with a pair of jeans.
- This slub-neck t-shirt is one of those wardrobe staples that you should consider stocking up on. The deep neckline with an inner top make breast feeding convenient and discreet.
It's important to feel good about yourself during this time. After all, your body has gone through some serious changes over the last nine months, and it will continue to change throughout the postpartum months as well. Find pieces that truly make you feel good and try not to obsess about squeezing into those pre-pregnancy jeans. This is an exhausting, emotional, and hormonal time so be sure to take the time to choose clothes that are going to make you feel good and comfortable so that you can tackle the day with ease.
To view more maternity looks for fall, check out, Maternity Style: Mix & Match.