Tiramisu Brownie Bites
The holiday season is just around the corner! Are you prepared to welcome friends and family for easy entertaining? Trying to plan a holiday appetizer menu can be daunting, but it need not be. Here is a recipe for an easy bite-sized chocolate dessert that will wow all of your guests. Tiramisu Brownie Bites can be made ahead of time and filled just before your guests arrive. A big taste in a small bite!
1 box devil’s food cake mix
1/2 c sour cream
2 tbsp. Instant coffee granules
2 tbsp. water
1/3 cup coffee liqueur**
Filling & Topping
1 1/2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
8 oz. mascarpone or cream cheese, room temperature (I found & used coffee flavored mascarpone! Yum!)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Combine cake mix, sour cream, egg(s), coffee granules and water. Mix together.
Batter will be really thick.
4. Divide evenly among cups (I used a small scooper-worked like a charm!)
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until wooden toothpick test is clean.
6. Remove cakes from oven and press tops with lightly floured mini-tart shaper to make slight indentations. When one does not own a tart shaper, the top of a wine stopper works great!
7. Cool for a few minutes & remove from pan to wire rack.
8. Brush tops with coffee liqueur*** and cool completely. (I did not have coffee liqueur, so I followed the recipe for the imitation non-alcoholic version)
***Coffee Liquer Substitution: 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp. coffee granules, 1 tsp. rum extract. This makes more than you will actually need. Combine all in a glass bowl and microwave 1-2 minutes and let cool.
9. Place whipped topping into a large, resealable plastic bag; secure and set aside.
10. Trim corners of both plastic bags.
11. First pipe the cheese filling over cakes, then pipe whipped topping over filling. Dust with cocoa powder, if desired.
Recipe adapted from 2010 Pampered Chef Season’s Best Cookbook, pg. 30-31