Thanksgiving Gratitude – A Top 10 List That Will Make YOU LAUGH
Everyone talks about gratitude. Apparently, according to the rules of life all you have to do is feel grateful for things and POOF, everything around you will magically transform to unicorns and rainbows, right?
And Thanksgiving is THE DAY to be thankful. (But did you know it tops the list for calls to 911 due to domestic (not necessarily spouse on spouse) violence?) That's some strange irony there, huh?
When most of us talk about being thankful, we talk about the big things in life such as our families and the roofs over our head, our cars, our health etc. Not doing so makes us look like buttholes. Even our being thankful has become cliché! But admit it, there are tons of little things that you are grateful for.
Today, I share with you a Top 10 list of ‘stupid' things I am thankful for that have nothing to do with the big and obvious things that I am grateful for in life – but also continuously take for granted. Ready!?
1. I am thankful for small boobs. I hate bras, and small boobs mean I don't have to wear bras ALL the time.
2. I am thankful for fabric softener. Especially Purex Crystals. They make me happy on a daily basis. I would be even more thankful if the product was cheaper.
3. I am thankful that I don't know how to bake tasty cupcakes and cakes. If I did, people would expect me to do it for birthdays and parties etc. One taste of my baking and trust me, you won't ask for it again. I got over the maternal desire to be Martha Stewart in the kitchen a long time ago. Now, I am a proud bakery-buying baked goods mama.
4. I am thankful for candles. They seriously make me happy.
5. I am thankful for the Zac Brown Band. Yes, they can turn a bad day around with just one chorus.
6. I am thankful that I have friends in my life who do not require daily or even weekly contact! I love that I have women in my life who understand I am busy, and who don't keep score on who made the last phone call – or who answered the last text.
7. Shallow, I know, but I am thankful for my smart phone. It is my favorite distraction and helps me stay up to date with all the reading that I love to do.
8. I am thankful for my Atlanta Fox 5 News weatherman (Jeff Hill), who is not only nice to look at, but helps me stay on top of my obsession for knowing what the next 7 days will bring me weather-wise. I am weather planning obsessed and it is the only part of the news I really pay attention to.
9. I am thankful that I don't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner, or host it at my house, or have family come to town that camps out at my home. (Does this make me awful, or just honest?)
10. And last but not least, I am thankful for sweatpants in winter! I am even more thankful that my husband doesn't care if I wear them every day, or wear his.
So, share! What are some of the little, selfish and shallow things that you are thankful for?