Spring Style Inspiration 2013: 5 Trends that are Mom Awesome
Where you at, Spring?
Clearly not yet in my neck of the woods, but I’m hopeful that the groundhog got it right this year and that soon, very soon, I will be able to store my wool parka for the season and bust out into my spring wardrobe.
I’m inpatient when it comes to shopping for a new seasonal wardrobe so I went ahead and started snapping up some pieces I want to incorporate this spring. Starting with black & white stripes…
So what that I have to wear it with a jacket for a few more weeks. It was a steal and it fits perfectly and it’s so versatile. So totally worth it!
I’ve still got a not-super-long-but-respectable list of items to acquire this season to liven up my closet for the season, but I’m off to a good start.
Here are some things to add to your spring shopping list!
Inspiration: Spring! 5 Style Trends to Try for Spring 2013
1. Printed pants. I know, I know, not for you. I feel you. I’ve not been brave enough to try them yet, but I’m on the hunt for a pair that won’t make me look like a real life chaise lounge.
2. Black & white. Together, forever, amen. Wear them together and you will be a fashion boss lady.
3. Stripes. The big, bold, 60s inspired kind are best. Horizontal, vertical, chevron; they’re all good.
4. Blue. The bolder the better! Green is sort of a big deal this season too. Call it emerald and you’ll sound like a serious trendsetter.
5. Ruffles. Girl and sweet is in this season and ruffles sorta just make that happen. Plus, they are easy to dress up or down and they hide some, er, indiscretions through the midsection if you know what I mean.
Will you incorporate any of these trends into your Spring wardrobe?