Celebrating St. Patty’s Day, Pregnancy Style!
As a proud Irish Catholic, I’ve always been a bit partial to St. Patrick’s Day myself. Nothing like a creepy small man dressed all in green and the lure of a pot o` gold to get the party started, right?
But when it comes to celebrating a holiday designed around drinking green-colored alcoholic beverages, spending St. Patrick’s Day pregnant might be a different story.
So if you’re feeling a little unlucky this year (or, I guess, very lucky, depending on which way you look at it!) try these non-alcoholic ways to get your St. Patty’s Day pregnant party on!
- Whip up some Thin Mint Puppy Chow. Chocolate, sugar, peanut butter and thin mints? It’s all the basic food groups, with a little pop of green mixed in, just for fun.
- For another fun desert, try baking up a batch of these Irish Cream Chocolate Chunk cookies. My stomach is literally growling right now just thinking about these bad boys.
- When it comes to easy DIY home decorating projects, I’m all about simplicity. Which is why my standard go-to for home DIY is what I like to call the “click and print” method. Every holiday, I spend 10 seconds browsing Pinterest for a seasonal printable. Click, print, and my house instantly has a more celebratory flair. This method is especially handy for exhausted pregnant women. Here is an easy and free St. Patty’s Day printable to give your home a little luck o` the Irish.
- If you’re feeling particularly festive, try your hand at this fun idea for St. Patrick day lottery scratch-off cards. Who knows? It may just be your lucky day!
- These little pots o` gold are ridiculously cute and would make fun projects if you have other kids, or maybe for a spouse or co-workers. This project meets my criteria for crafts: easy, cheap, and somehow involving chocolate.
- And really, what pregnant St. Patty’s day would it be without a homemade shamrock shake?
Images used with permissions from bloggers listed.