5 Fun Dates for Pregnant Moms
I don’t know about you, but when I’m pregnant, sometimes the last thing I feel like doing is going out with my husband.
That would require trying to find an outfit that fits and looks semi-cute; finding a pair of shoes that I can shove my swollen feet into; trying to do my hair in a way that flatters my puffy cheeks. And then wedge my giant body into a booth while attempting not to 1) fall asleep in my dinner plate and 2) not devour every breadstick at the table.
Regardless of my lazy pregnant ways, it is important to spend time your man—even if he’s the one that got you into this mess in the first place.
So here are five easy date night ideas to enjoy while you’re pregnant:
- Take a stroll with a hot drink or ice cream. This is one of my favorite things to do, even while not pregnant. It’s cheap, easy, and I can park my pregnant self down on a bench when I get tired. If you’re in cold weather, pack some hot chocolate or hit up the coffee shop. If you are enjoying warmer climates this time of year, go for that love of pregnant women everywhere—ice cream.
- A roaring fire. Have your man stoke up a roaring fire for you at home and snuggle in front of it while you catch up on each other’s lives. Although it may sound cheesy, talk about your relationship and check in to make sure each person’s needs are being met. It’s important to learn how to tell your partner exactly what you need, especially before the baby comes, when time gets a lot more limited.
- Check into a bed and breakfast. Two words: bed and breakfast. What more does a pregnant woman need? Even if it’s not exactly the hot and steamy night it would have once been, a change of scenery and being waited on can be incredibly romantic, with no work required on your part!
- Order in. Forget the pizza. Order in a full meal, complete with desert. Set the table, light the candlesticks, but skip the cooking (and the clean-up!). Then, enjoy a movie together while you convince your husband to give you a foot massage. It’s for the baby, right?
- Go to a Drive-in. If you have a pick-up truck – place an air mattress in the back, grab a bottle of sparkling cider, a picnic basket, and get a little G-rated loving in while you watch a good flick. No pick-up, no problem. Get a cozy blanket and open up the back of your mom-mobile.
Quality time is a must before baby arrives, make it a priority.
What kind of dates have you taken with your honey while pregnant?
Photo via iStock [aldomurillo]