Nutella Sugar Cookies
Sometimes, that’s all that needs to be said when referencing this unbelievably delicious chocolate-hazelnut spread. The nods of agreement come quick from those who understand, for they know when this ingredient is added to anything, it will taste better.
The believers? They are nodding right now, because they know it is true! true love that is.
Never had Nutella?
Then you must make this Nutella Sugar Cookie recipe; and when you do, you will fall my friend and fall hard. When I pull a batch out of the oven, they barely have enough time to cool before eager hands snatch them away. When I was preparing this article, I told my son what recipe I was making and asked if he would like to be the “taste-tester” and his reply was “uh…yeaaahh….mom. What kind of question is that?!”
I originally saw this cookie made by Giada D’Laurentis on the Food Network a few years ago as she prepared treats for Halloween ghosts and goblins. She rolled them in fancy orange sugar and topped them with a Hershey’s Kiss chocolate. I had neither orange sugar nor the kiss chocolate, so I just rolled in plain old sugar. They were an instant family favorite and I’ve been making them that way ever since.
Ready to fall in love? Then you are ready to make this cookie!
Nutella Sugar Cookies
1 3/4 Cup Flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup Nutella
How to make:
1. In bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In separate bowl (or in your mixer) cream butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Add Nutella and mix until creamy. Gradually add dry ingredients.
3. Make walnut size balls and roll in sugar.
4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place cookie balls on tray. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 8 minutes.
5. This cookie is good as is, but we have created 3 different ways to up the wow factor:
- Place a small bit of peanut butter between two cookies.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of vanilla (or your favorite flavor) ice cream and make mini ice cream sandwiches.
- Dip one side of cooled cookie in melted chocolate.
The possibilities are endless! How would you enjoy your new favorite cookie? Please share!