Maternity Style: Looks for Fall
Shopping for maternity clothes can be an exciting time for a new mom-to-be, but it can also become very expensive. There are several ways to get the most for your money when it comes to maternity shopping, and today I'll show you how to mix and match as many pieces as possible to maximize your fall maternity wardrobe.
The following looks are all created using one pair of maternity jeans and a pair of maternity dress pants. I've kept the palette neutral and simply changing each look up with a different top.
1. If those fall months are warmer in your part of the world, this lovely printed sleeveless top would look great paired with the maternity jeans and a pair of sandals.
2. This boatneck, sequined top will provide maximum comfort on those chilly fall days. The nice thing about a top like this is that it can easily be worn casually or dressed up a bit. Complete the look with a simple pair of strap ballet flats.
3. I think every pregnant woman should add a cowl neck to their maternity wardrobe. They look classy and elegant no matter what they are worn with.
4. Denim jackets are back! Have fun and layer your maternity looks. Starting with a tank, add a great scarf, and top with a maternity jean jacket. In fact, all of these looks can be topped with the jacket.
5. The printed sleeveless top also works well with the dress pants.
6. This would make a comfortable work ensemble, with the sequined top and the dress pants. If you are okay with wearing heels, add a heel to give yourself a little boost in height.
7. Again, another perfectly layered look for a cool fall day.
8. The cowl neck is a fantastic top that can easily work with many types of bottoms. Wear flats or heels for a polished maternity look.
It's not always necessary to purchase an entire new wardrobe for your ever-changing body. Keep an ear and eye out for friends or family looking to get rid of their maternity clothes and reach out to them. Given the fact that maternity clothes tend to get minimal wear, you'll probably find a lot of great pieces that are still in very good condition – not to mention your friends will feel good that they can pass along those items that are no longer useful to them. Search for a pregnancy or children's secondhand store nearest you. You'd be amazed at some of the gems that hide in stores like this.
To view other maternity looks on a budget, check out Summer Hues of Blue.