How to Dress Up a Maxi Dress
Maxi dresses are a great summer wardrobe staple. The best thing about these dresses is that they serve as a wonderful base for creating many fabulous looks. Just by adding a shrug, a vest, a statement necklace, or a cardigan sweater, you can easily transform one dress for several occasions. Flip-flops or flat sandals are really the best type of shoe to pair with a maxi dress, however if you want to give yourself a little height a great pair of espadrilles is also a nice option.
The maxi dress I've chosen for the following sets is a J. Crew v-neck available in three color options. If you're looking to keep the price down, stores like Gap and Old Navy are also great places to shop for inexpensive maxi dresses that will work just as well in creating these looks! Today I've accessorized the same dress with five different looks.
1. For our first look, I've added a sleeveless denim vest worn with a long beaded fringe necklace and a pair of gladiator sandals. Long necklaces are a great addition to maxi dresses because they add to the casual feel of the look. I've topped this look with a trendy fedora and a simple pair of gold drop earrings.
2. Giving the maxi dress a chic look, I've simply added a yellow scarf with a pair of classic hoop earrings and a great pair of bronze sandals.
3. This is a great look for a casual summer day at the office. I've added a tied front shrug, a simple charm necklace, and a statement earring to give the look a little class.
4. This look gives the maxi dress an element of casual elegance with a pair of long earrings, an animal print scarf, and a pair of espadrilles.
5. Dress up that casual maxi dress with a great statement necklace and a pair of matching flat sandals. Perfect look for a summer party and is sure to be an eye catching ensemble.
How do you dress up your maxi dress?
Image via The Life of the Party Polyvore