Granola Bars Your Kids Will Love!
I live in Salt Lake City where the winter outings can be anywhere from a laid-back drive through the mountains to a back country skiing adventure at one of Utah's 14 ski resorts. The snow is light, fluffy and incredibly enticing and certainly tiring. I don't mind buying snacks for these types of excursions, but I also enjoy making my energy-giving snack.
You don't have to be in Utah's snow-packed mountains to enjoy these granola bars. Take them with you on a hike, eat them after a long run, or put them on a platter for a brunch party. They're a great snack for any climate and activity, even if that activity is watching college football bowl games the first week of January.
These granola bars are chewy, filling and quite easy to make. The steps are few and the reward is grand.
- 3 cups instant oats
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup coconut shavings
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place wax paper in a large pan.
3. In a bowl, mix oats, milk, butter, coconut, almonds, cinnamon chips and cranberries.
4. Press mixture until flat.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes then flip the baked good out of the wax paper.
7. Cut into squares or rectangles
Would you make these easy granola bars for your family?