5 Ways to Wear Chambray
Chambray is a fantastic wardrobe staple that, at first glance, may seem difficult to pair up, but once you realize how versatile it is, you will love what it does for your style. This neutral, classic top can be paired up with a variety of trendy wardrobe items helping to work them into your rotation with ease. If you've been shy about trying out colored skinny jeans or patterned shorts, the Chambray top is a great way to tone down both pieces and balance out the look, and that's just one way to use this versatile top!
Today, I've come up with five different ways to incorporate chambray into your summer wardrobe – from maxi skirts to skinny pants and even a chic pencil skirt for the office, the possibilities are quite frankly, endless with Chambray. Take a look at how you can start to bring this classic neutral into your regular wardrobe rotation.
- This look would be suitable for a crisp summer evening with a pair of black leggings worn with a pair of riding boots – both wardrobe staples in their own right. The long gold fringe necklace adds the perfect casual finish to the look.
- For a casual summer day, pair the chambray with a stripe pattern maxi skirt and a simple pair of sandals. Give the look a little more personality with a pendant necklace and a great fedora.
- Printed shorts are on trend this season and work great with chambray tops. This tone-on-tone needed a pop of color so I've styled it up with a neon statement necklace and matching pair of neon sandals. Neon is on trend but can be an intimidating color to wear so make a subtle statement by adding these two pieces to the look. As color trends change, you can change up your accessories to match.
- For a more professional look add a black and white stripe pencil skirt worn with a pair of peep-toe flats. Finish the look with an eye catching statement bubble necklace like the coral one pictured.
- Colored jeans appear to be here to stay so don't let them intimidate you! Use the neutral Chambray to tone down the bright color. Add a pair of trendy Chuck Taylor Converse shoes for a casual and effortless style to run around town and do errands in or chase your kids on the playground.
What is your favorite way to wear Chambray?
To view the items in this set, please click here.
Image Source: The Life of the Party Polyvore