Fancy Stuffed Strawberries: A Healthy “Wow!”
The best part of this simple treat?
You only need FOUR ingredients! Once you taste these, you will find it hard to stop … and that is ok, because you are eating fabulous fruit, rich in vitamins! Dare I say this dessert is GOOD for you!
Not only is this good for you, but the wow factor is at a solid 10! Simple, easy, fancy-schmancy, and can be enjoyed all year long.
You will need:
1 pint strawberries, washed
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. almond extract (you may substitute vanilla here as well)
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
How to make:
- Wash strawberries and dry well with paper towel.
- Cut off green top so berry can sit flat.
- In separate bowl, combine cream cheese, extract, and sugar. Mix well until creamy.
- Cut an ‘X’ in pointed end of strawberry, careful not to cut all the way through.
- Fill a pastry bag or zip-lock baggie with cheese mixture. If using baggie, make small snip in corner of bag.
- Carefully pipe filling into center of ‘X’ in berry.
- Serve and enjoy!
So simple, yet so incredibly delicious!
How do you enjoy strawberries?