Entertain Your Toddler While on the Go
Oh our little toddlers! We love them ever so dearly, but sometimes we do not love taking them out and about, because, let's face it, sometimes they give us a run for our money when they'd rather be playing than running errands. So, for those times, we've rounded up a few ideas on how to keep them (and us) happy and occupied while on the go.
Do you have a tablet or a smart phone? If so, then perhaps you'll find some of these apps helpful:
- 4 Apps to Help Manage a Day Out with the Kids. When the unexpected happens and you're in desperate need of a spot for a potty break and a little space to play, you can find apps that will help you do that, here.
- 8 Fun and Educational Apps for Toddlers. Playing is learning, so these apps are just perfect for your little one's entertainment and education.
- 6 Apps that are Toddler Friendly. Perhaps these favorite apps of Mindi‘s will become your favorite, too.
Take it from an awesome mom that knows a thing or two about hauling kids around. In Amanda's post about road tripping with kids, she shares some pretty smart advice that is sure to keep everyone happy, happy, happy.
Maybe you're not so big on toddlers and screen time, or you don't have a smart phone? That's no problem. There are plenty of other ways to keep them busy.
- Have a great time creating these DIY Toddler Toys, most of which can easily be slipped into the diaper bag for on-the-go entertainment.
- Take a break while running errands to walk outside and enjoy the scenery. Even better? Bring along our printable scavenger hunt and have fun checking items off the list!
- Make errands fun. “Grocery shopping is far more entertaining when you’re picking up milk with a superhero, a princess, and a baby jaguar in the cart.” Need some inspiration? Check out these fun things you should do and blame on the kids.
Just in case you are forgetful like me, EverydayFamily has created a very handy checklist of things that you may need when you're on the go with your child. It's intended for air travel, but I find the things on here helpful even for a trip to town; you can find it right here.
And what if you have a toddler AND a newborn to manage? Check out these 4 tips for outings with a newborn and toddler in tow.
What are some of your tips for keeping your toddler occupied while you're out and about?