11 Tips to Encouraging Creativity
Why do kids lose interest in creative endeavors? The same reason that we all do; we get into a rut! We start doing the same thing the same way over and over again because it is just easier; and then it becomes boring, so we lose interest! How can parents and teachers encourage creativity? Ask questions. Ask:
- How could you do that differently?
- What if you could only use three colors?
- What if you had to use five colors?
- What other way could you say that?
- Is there another word you could use instead of that one?
- How many things can you think of that start with the letter?
- Can you think of more?
- How about animals?
- How about food? Pick another category.
- How could you say that with pictures instead of words?
- How could you say that in sign language?
Children need to be challenged and stimulated. Always ask for MORE! They are limited only by our expectations of them.