Easy Chocolate Chip Ball Recipe
Ever notice when entertaining, the kids always want to be included? Something about the fancy snacks seems to beckon small hands to grab a few bite-sized tidbits to enjoy. What if I told you there was a super easy, delicious appetizer you can make that will please both adults and the smaller folks? If you are planning a party or small get-together, then you will have all the ingredients at the ready to make an Easy Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball.
I used to make this as a nice dessert alternative, serving with cinnamon and honey graham crackers, when my husband and I were part of a monthly supper club. Friends raved over the flavor and would say “so good!” after every bite. Then one day, I tried using different crackers for a playgroup gathering and the kids went crazy dipping their chocolate and chocolate chip Teddy Grahams into the sweet treat!
This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is very versatile and would make a nice surprise for any family barbeque or pot luck dinner. The only thing you will need to plan for is time for the cheese to set, which is a couple of hours. Other than that, choose your favorite flavor graham cracker and enjoy!
What you will need to make
Easy Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Recipe:
- 1 8oz pkg. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioner sugar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla bean paste (optional)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or mini chocolate chips
How to make:
1. In large mixing bowl, cream together softened cream cheese and butter. Beat until light and fluffy. Slowly add in both sugars and mix until creamy.
2. Add vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract. Mix well.
3. Stir in chocolate chips until well blended.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
5. Once chilled, remove from fridge and place cheese mixture on a piece of plastic wrap.
It will look like this:
6. Carefully wrap up mixture and shape into a ball.
Now it should look like this:
7. Place wrapped ball back into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (or up to overnight). Right before serving, unwrap ball and roll in chopped nuts (great for adults) or in mini chocolate chips (great for kids or adults!)
8. Serve with assortment of your favorite graham cracker flavors!
Have you been looking for a dessert alternative? Try this! Your guests will love it!
Images via Eatpicks.com