DIY Infinity Scarf Made Out Of a T-Shirt
Thursday, January 10th, 2013
I love DIY projects that are stunning but really easy to make, and this infinity scarf made from a simple T-shirt is one of those projects!
It's a conversation starter you can wear all year, and it also makes a unique gift. And aren't handmade gifts always so much more appreciated?
The next time you are in a bind and don't know what to give your girlfriend, mother-in-law, or sister, tackle this simple DIY project! It doesn't take any special skills to make this.
All you need for this cool scarf is a new men's T-shirt without seams – I bought mine for $7 – and some sharp scissors.
The bigger the T-shirt, the longer the scarf. I'd suggest an L or XL size for the best length. I bought a blue one because it goes well with my green eyes. I'd stay away from light colors that might get dirty fast.
How to make an infinity scarf:
1. Cut the T-shirt from arm pit to arm pit
2. Cut off the hem and save it for later
3. Then make 1-inch snip marks along the T-shirt, about 15 in all
4. Cut the T-shirt into strips, stopping ½ inch before the other side
5. Now tug on each strand and the T-shirt will curl up
6. Then gather the T-shirt at the ½ inch part and loop the hem through it, securing it with a double knot
7. Cut off the extra hem
8. Voila, you have an infinity scarf!
You could make a few of them in different colors and/or layer different lengths.
I found the tutorial for this scarf on Pink Pistachio. Thanks for the inspiration!