DIY Hair Bow Holder
Time for a cute DIY project for little girls!
Is your little girl constantly losing her hair bows? In the morning, when you are rushing to get ready, where are the twenty bows you know you bought for her? You can't find one.
If that describes you, then this is the do-it-yourself project for you! It's easy and fast, trust me. You could even make this with your kids.
Supplies you will need:
- small framed mirror or a frame
- paint marker(s)
- hot glue gun
optional: buttons, beads, stickers, and/or washi tape for additional embellishment.
Personalized Hair Bow HolderTutorial:
- Start with decorating your frame with the paint marker. I found my Ikea framed mirror at a thrift store for $2, but any small mirror or frame will work for this project. Personalize the frame by adding the name of the recipient, like I did, or just an initial. You could also decide to first spray paint the frame a fun color.
- Use hot glue to glue your choice of embellishment on the frame. Let your creativity guide you! Some ideas include gluing buttons as I did or you also decoupage onto the frame with Modpoge.
- Decide on the number and the length of the ribbons you want to use and cut them to size accordingly.
- Turn the frame aroundand hot glue the ribbons into place. You don't want them too close, otherwise the bows will touch each other when they are hangingside-by-side on the holder. If the frame is very small, consider one strand of ribbon.
That's all – you created an adorable way to organize, and at the same time show off your little girl's hair bows!
This certainly is also a wonderful handmade gift for a special little girl — or two, in my case.
Would you create this holder for your child or a friend? How might you change it up to match your decor at home?