Dinner (Your Kids Will Eat!) In 30 Minutes or Less
If your family is like most, weekdays are busy and you may be dividing your time between homework, after school activities, work, and family time. With all the things that take up our time, it's important to find ways to make the most important things happen. One important thing every night? Feeding everyone a healthy meal! Check out these kid-approved recipes from chef Jeff Mauro that you can put together in 30 minutes or less and check one thing off your to-do list!
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 lb. chicken tenders
1 cup flour
1 large bag of BBQ kettle chips
3 eggs, whisked
- Place chicken in a zipper-top bag with BBQ sauce and marinate between 2 and 8 hours.
- Open bag of chips and squeeze out air. Using a meat mallet, “pulverize” the chips until crumbly and place in a pie tin.
- Place eggs in a separate pie tin and the flour in a separate pie tin to set up breading station.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray a wire-racked sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Take chicken out of BBQ sauce and dip into flour, then dip into egg, then coat entirely in chips.
- Place chip-coated chicken on wire-racked sheet
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until internal temp registers 165 degrees.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with side of Mango Dipping Sauce (recipe below)
Mango Dipping Sauce
1 cup of Juicy Juice® 100% juice, mango flavor
½ cup mayo
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan, bring Mango juice to a gentle simmer. Reduce by half and cool.
- In a bowl, add in mayo, honey, mustard and about ¾ cup of the cooled reduced mango juice and whisk until combined.
- Adjust thickness with more mayo or more of the remaining mango juice until desired thickness is achieved. Add seasoning, if desired.
Baked Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken Tenders Club Wrap
The next day, all you have to do is turn those tasty chicken tenders into a Chicken Tender Club wrap by adding lettuce and tomato. Use the dip as your spread!
4 large flour tortillas
1 cup honey mustard
½ lb of thinly sliced smoked or honey deli ham
12 slice of American cheese
2 cups of crushed pretzels, pulverized in a bag or in a food processor
1 package of butter lettuce
- On a flat tortilla, spread some honey mustard from “crust to crust.”
- Next sprinkle pretzels evenly “crust to crust”
- Spread out a thin and flat layer of ham, followed by a thin layer of the butter lettuce.
- Roll up very tightly as if rolling up a rug or yoga mat.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour or overnight to firm up.
- When it’s time to make the lunch, unwrap and cut into 1 inch thick medallions.
- Place in a small baggie or plastic container for your kiddo’s lunch!
Orange Creamsicle Dip
1 cup Juice Juice® 100% juice, orange tangerine flavor
1 cup of whole fat plain greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In small pot over medium heat, simmer Juicy Juice® 100% juice, orange tangerine flavor for about 5-10 minutes or until concentrated and reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
- Add cooled and reduced juice in a bowl with yogurt, honey, vanilla extract.
- Whisk until fluffy, adding more honey if you desire more sweetness.
- Serve with sliced fruit, pretzels or graham crackers!
Juicy Juice Flavor Expert, and Emmy-Nominated Celebrity Chef, Jeff Mauro was born and raised in Chicago where he was determined from an early age to become the funniest chef in the world.
He was cast in Season 7 of the hit show Food Network Star and won the competition by combining his passions for cooking with comedy, which also landed him his own series, The Sandwich King. After five successful seasons to date, he was tapped by the Food Network to also host the hit daytime show, The Kitchen, now in it’s 15th season.
Jeff is the proud partner & executive chef of Pork & Mindy’s restaurants. He still lives “in the neighborhood” with his wife Sarah and his son Lorenzo. His favorite color is Pastrami and his favorite smell is meat smoke.