Beautiful DIY Advent Calendars Your Kids Will Love
5. Kids will love the shape of this house advent and that they can punch the numbers to get their treat or activity for each day. Another yay for upcycling!
6. Small paper bags tied closed with pretty ribbon and a hand-written number tag, all stored neatly in a pretty wicker basket!
7. I love this simple upcycle, another one made from toilet paper rolls! Who would have thought they could end up to be so pretty!?
8. If you’re handy with a hammer, this is a great idea! Plus you get to use the ornaments from your advent to decorate your tree!
9. If you’re into knitting, this is absolutely beautiful!
10. Super simple advent made with envelopes.
11. This is probably the sweetest one on this list. A baby sock advent!! Leave it to Martha …
17. If you're looking for a natural look … You could also do this with a pine branch, although you’d have to go lighter on the packages/wrapping you choose.
18. Know how to sew? This is super pretty, looks relatively simple, and can be used as kid’s bedroom décor in the off-season!
What should you fill these things with? I gave two ideas above: filling with activity notes and filling with small treats or baby/toddler safe small-sized gifts (jingle bell, bouncy ball, matchbox car). Here are more examples: Family activity ideas, ways to fill your advent without chocolate, huge list of creative ideas, clutter-free ideas for the minimalist in you, small toy/trinket ideas that are actually pretty cool.
My name is Megan and I'm a craftaholic. Which of these ideas inspires you to craft? Do you already have an advent calendar? Happy crafting, y'all!