8 Secrets About Book Lovers
More often than not, when I say, “I’m going to bed,” what I really mean is, “I’m going to read.” I curl beneath my covers with my puggle at my feet and a book between my fingertips.
This is, most definitely, my happy place. For me, there’s nothing like a book to provide escape, quiet, and “me time.”
When I was a teacher, I could spot the book lovers in my classroom.
They weren’t always the students to whom reading came easy, but they were the kids that couldn’t put a book down, were annoyed when I interrupted their reading for any reason (Even lunch! Or recess!), and the ones that got a glimmer in their eyes or a settled, peaceful look about them as they cracked open a book.
I knew that look, and I knew that feeling, and those kids stole a spot in my heart every single time I saw—or felt—either one.
So outside of the classroom, how do you spot the book lovers in your life or know for sure that you are one? Here are 8 Secrets About Books Lovers.
1. Any conversation can be entered, left, or changed with a book reference. A book lover’s three little words are: “I once read …”
2. Being in the middle of one book has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you buy a new one.
3. That stack of books on your nightstand? Revolving, but permanent.
4. Finding out whether a new friend loves to read or not is a game changer. True story.
5. Finding out that you're in love with the same book or author ranks high on the swoon scale.
6. There’s no gift like a book or a gift card to a bookstore. #booksareagirlsbestfriend
7. “Staying up too late” is not the same thing as “reading late into the night.”
8. Getting to a good part of a book is the same thing as “do not disturb” or “see you on the flip side.”
Are you a book lover? Which one of these tells you so and what would you add to our list?