5 Ways to Dress Up a White Tank
As moms, we can get stuck in a fashion rut wearing the same old plain styles. Jeans and tees, sundresses and sandals, shorts and solid tees – anything that gets us out of the house quickly, without a big fuss. But, it doesn't always leave us looking our best and in turn, feeling our best, does it? With a few simple tweaks to some of your regular staples, you can pull off fashionable looks that wow.
Take the plain white tank for example. We all have them. It's one of those wardrobe staples that can provide effortless style and everyone should have at least a couple of these available, especially for those days you don't feel like putting a lot of thought into what you are going to wear for the day. The white tank is a piece of clothing that goes with almost anything and today I'll demonstrate how you can transform five different looks with one simple white tank.
- Alone a white tank paired white khaki shorts is a pretty uninteresting look but spice it up a bit with a great fedora hat, aviator sunglasses and a cute pair of sandals. Add a fabulous long yet casual beaded necklace with fringe detail and you've created the perfect everyday look.
- To dress the white tank up a bit, I've added a fun and flirty coral colored hi-low skirt and finished the look with a bright statment necklace that will make for a big attention grabber. This would be a great look for a family Barbecue or a movie night out with the kids.
- The black and white trend is still huge even during the spring and summer months. Brighten the look up with a fabulous mint bubble necklace and a pair of mint peep toe pumps and you are ready for a fun date night!
- This look exudes casual comfort with a gray jersey hi-low skirt and a pretty floral scarf worn with a pair of matching sandals. A lovely feminine ensemble for a day of running errands with the kids.
- This look will bring you right back to the early 90's with a pair of Bermuda denim shorts and white keds. Add a little interest with a black and white chevron scarf. Another effortless look brought up a notch with the chevron detailing.
Spring is in full swing and before you know it, we'll be heading into the summer months so go ahead and pull those accessories out of hiding and play around to see what fabulous spring and summer looks you come up with!
Which of these looks do you like? What wardrobe staple would like to see worked five different ways in a future feature?
Image via Sherry Fahrenwald