15 Ways to Take Care of Yourself This Valentine’s Day
As a soon-to-be single, working mom of three, it's easy to neglect myself when I'm busy caring for everything and everyone else. Since this will be my first Valentine's day single in over 16 years, I asked my friends for suggestions on ways to give myself love on a holiday that is focused on heart candy, flowers, and mushy greeting cards.
Here is what they shared:
- Do some restorative yoga
- Boudoir session
- Sweat it out in a fun exercise class
- Get a blow out at a local salon
- Take a class you've always wanted to try (dance, pottery, painting, photography)
- Invite friends over for dinner
- Buy yourself some handmade jewelry from wonderful artists
- Spa day with the works, including green tea, your favorite music, strawberries, and chocolates
- Take a nice, long bath after the kids go to bed; bubbles optional, wine encouraged
- Take a nap!
- At-home spa and beauty treats (DIY mani/pedi, bubble bath, face mask, hair treatments)
- Go out with an old friend who you don't see enough
- Visit a museum and then take yourself out to lunch
- Even doing something out of the ordinary and special with your kids. It's so easy to get in a rut of doing the same things. But going to do something special and fun is good for everyone's spirits!
- Take an entire day to do whatever the hell you want to!!