8 Great Ways to Play
- Visit the doctor's office. Check-ups can be scary for your kiddo, but playing may take the scariness away as your child has the chance to practice some of the things a doctor may ask of them (i.e. open up and say “ah”). Be sure to take turns with your child being the patient as well as the doctor. Remember, band-aids are very cool to a toddler (and relatively inexpensive).
- Step into a book. Dramatize any favorite books (i.e. pretend to be the caterpillar in Eric Carle's “Very Hungry Caterpillar” tale…your child may even be inspired to try some new foods).
- Look for treasure. From using a very simple map, to digging in the dirt, a treasure hunt may lead you and your child on great fun and maybe even a great find!
- Become the animals. Move and play as the animals do. Maybe you're pretending to visit the farm or zoo. Instead of just visiting the animals, become the animals on a farm or in the zoo.
- Have a parade. Marching and instruments (can be as simple as pots and pans). Need I say more? Let the festivities begin.
Where will your child's imagination take you? Happy adventures!