10 Money Saving Tips for New Parents
Did you know the number one cause of divorce in America is financial stress?
It’s no secret that raising a child costs a lot of money and for new parents, these new expenses can be overwhelming.
If you’re in a crunch, there are some things you can do to help manage these costs:
- Don’t be afraid to ask friends or relatives for hand me down clothing or baby gear. And, if you already have a child, be sure to save her things for the next baby.
- Use your bargaining skills. Times are tough so you may be able to negotiate a lower price for items from your favorite baby boutique. You may also be able to get a better rate when hiring a babysitter or nanny.
- Use coupons and sign up for store rewards programs. You can easily find coupons online not only for groceries but for other child products like toys, diapers, and professional portraits
- Breastfeed your baby. The American Association of Pediatricians recommends breastfeeding your baby for the first year of life. This is not only beneficial to your baby in many ways, but it is FREE.
- Use cloth diapers. Although there is the initial expense of purchasing a supply of cloth diapers for your child, you will quickly save money as you are able to reuse them. And, hey, it’s good for our environment!