8 Tips for Leaving the Hospital After Child BirthTags: childbirth
You only get to bring your baby home for the first time once; so slow down and enjoy every moment!
Labor and delivery can be tough on everyone; and there is only so much you can control.
But you definitely don’t want to feel rushed out the door, nor like you’ve forgotten something important.
Here are eight tips to help:
1. Send as much home as you can the day before you check out of the hospital. Chances are your room will be full of balloons, flowers, or cards.
2. Be sure to have an extra pair of baggy clothes to wear home. Even after delivery, you will be most comfortable in clothes that are significantly larger than your pre-pregnancy clothes.
3. Ask your escort to bring the car as close to the hospital as possible, and carry only baby and burp cloth to the car. Don’t try to juggle too many things yourself as you bring your new baby outside of the hospital for the first time.
4. Take your time! New mommies walk slow, especially those who have had a c-section. Besides, you only get to bring your baby home for the first time once; so slow down and enjoy every moment!
5. Never underestimate how complicated car seats can be. If you have never used a car seat, or if you have never used the particular car seat in your car that day, review the manual before you get to the car with baby. Some people find it easiest to strap the baby into the car seat first, carry that to the car, and then strap the car seat into the car. Never put a rear-facing car seat in the front seat!
What do you think? 8 Tips for Leaving the Hospital After Child Birth