Prepare to be Amazed
Tuesday, September 11th, 2012
I know, I know.
That’s what you’re thinking, right?
I feel you.
Who even has time to read another blog?
No one has time to read another mom blog about being the most amazing, super mom ever.
But, contrary to the title of this blog, that’s not really what this blog is going to be about.
You’re not going to find the most healthy recipes, or the cutest DIY craft projects.
Because, really, I don’t get down like that.
I can’t craft to save my life and my food always turns out ugly. Tasty, but ugly.
So, none of that is going to be found here.
This blog is solely for entertainment purposes.
To make you laugh, to make you smile, and on the rare occasion to unintentionally make you cry.
From laughing so hard.
Because I’m funny.
Not crafty, not handy, not creative, not even that smart.
Sometimes on purpose, sometimes by accident. Either way, being funny is my only real skill.
I like to tell people that, due to pregnancy hormones that won’t level out even after 4 years, age, and a penchant for cupcakes, I am the chick version of Zach Galifianakis. With a better tan and a slightly smaller beard. And less animal magnetism.
But arguably, just as funny.
Unless you’re my husband, who is deluded and doesn’t seem to find me humorous at all.
But, to those of you NOT riding bareback on a unicorn, I’m hoping that my ability to make you chuckle a couple times a week while you avoid your kids, or your boss, or your husband, or that bloody PTA woman who Won’t. Stop. Calling. Will be one of the reasons you decide to add me to your busy schedule.
If that’s not enough, I’ve got more reasons, too.
5 Really Good Reasons You Should Read This Blog
1. You like reading blogs by people you know. Well, maybe you do know me?! I write an arguably-less-famous-than-I-think-it-should-be personal blog called parenting BY dummies. Maybe you’ve read it? Or, you’re going to start right now? Which pretty much means we are almost exactly the same thing as best friends in real life. Or, maybe you’ve seen me on TV? Because I’ve been on a really popular show before and lots of people know me from that. Okay, not lots, but
like 12 a few.
2. You like reading blogs that have good photos. Well, you’re in luck because I’m a professional photographer in my real life. And, as such, I can’t even stand to post a photo that isn’t pretty. It’s just not right.
3. You like reading blogs that are informative. Fine, I will hook you up with useful information from time to time. If you insist. But, keep your expectations low here, that way we will both be surprised when I deliver on this one.
4. You like reading blogs written by experts. Well, I have been called a parenting expert once or, um, once. And, I do have a high level degree in education (from my previous life) that I don’t mind dusting off if you really need to know if your child is ready to read.
5. You like reading blogs that are awesome. Look no more, friends, you’re in the right place.
Welcome to My Mom is Awesome.
Prepare to be amazed! Or, at least marginally entertained, on a consistent to semi-consistent basis.
What do you think?