Hot Topics In The Community
11 Tips to Encouraging Creativity
Why do kids lose interest in creative endeavors? The same reason that we all do; we get into a rut! We start doing the same thing the same way over and over again because it is just easier; and then it becomes boring, so we lose interest! How can parents and teachers encourage creativity? Ask questions. Ask:
- How could you do that differently?
- What if you could only use three colors?
- What if you had to use five colors?
- What other way could you say that?
- Is there another word you could use instead of that one?
- How many things can you think of that start with the letter?
- Can you think of more?
- How about animals?
- How about food? Pick another category.
- How could you say that with pictures instead of words?
- How could you say that in sign language?
Children need to be challenged and stimulated. Always ask for MORE! They are limited only by our expectations of them.
Lissa Coffey is a Lifestyle and Relationship Expert who serves up an inspiring blend of ancient wisdom and modern style on her website CoffeyTalk.com and in her e-mail newsletters. She is the host of the CoffeyTalk web series on youtube, blinkx and other online ou...Read More